Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back to the Beginning: Short Update (posted Aug. 27, 2008)

Dad was moved to ICU last night after his blood pressure dropped to below 80. They ran all sorts of tests, one of which concluded he has a Staph infection from where the wound vac had been. The doctors will convene later today to decide if more surgery or antibiotics are the best way through this.

My Step Mom said everyone has to gown up and put on gloves before they can go in, and in her terms, it's not pretty. So we wait and see what the next step will be.

If you're led to pray - thank you.

Dad had his open heart surgery in June, so this is a long, exhausting journey for him and my Step Mom.

For me, I think the reason I've been extra tired is I'm getting sick. There is a tremendously fragile balance that needs to be maintained, that is something I've learned post-injury.  I don't know if the extra energy needed for the brain to function now taxes the body somehow, but it sure seems if I add one thing, another thing must be removed in order to be able to function.

Overdoing usually results in migraines, perhaps getting sick is the next sign I haven't been taking care of myself well enough. Kind of tough to do when looking at living here for only six more months or however long my savings will sustain me. I feel like I'm in a more desperate state of survival than I have been as there is a definite end once the savings is depleted.

Blessings dear reader, thanks for choosing to be here.

2 comments:

Buckwheat said...

praying for all of you...I haven't had a tbi but i do have epilepsy and that causes issues with my brain..i'm looking forward to reading more of your blog and keeping up with you. Blessings

ResilientHeart said...

Bless your heart, Buckwheat, what a joy and honor to have you here, thank you.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts too. Our issues may be a little different but there's comfort knowing we're not alone and there is support.

Blessings, Love & Peace,
RH