Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back to the Beginning: Today's Events (posted Aug. 26, 2008)


Insomnia was my bedfellow last night, terribly common with Brain Injury. Typically it's helped by meds, at this time I cannot afford.

I did manage to get out the questionnaires for my Disability claim. Friends and the people I work for will finally get to communicate the changes and problems they've seen.

My Step Mom called saying my Dad is not doing well. He is 85 and had open heart surgery two months ago. He had been doing well at rehab, they found an aneurysm in his leg and operated yesterday. He woke this morning with a fever and other complications. Quite the roller coaster ride, we haven't had a sharp downward turn like this for a while. My Step Mom expressed concern as to how much more he or she could take. Deep in my heart I ponder if it is time to let him go...

I am grateful he has church family that visit and encouragement. For me it's a 4-6 hour round trip and I wish I could be there more. I update folks via email and request prayers. It is one thing I can do.

I am going to try to get some rest, help my brain recover. I've been unable to get warm for several days, another weird brain injury thing I discovered when stressed.

Thanks for reading & blessings on ya.

No comments: