Friday, March 9, 2012

So Grateful...

...spring is coming!  We have had three days of glorious sunshine and I am elated!

I love this time of year, especially post-injury I am sadly far more susceptible to deep depression and fatigue during the winter, as are many folks even without TBI.  I've never done well with cabin fever, even pre-TBI but being more housebound now, wow, what a difference sunshine makes!

I am grateful for daylight shining earlier in the morning and later in the evening.

I am grateful for the birds who are returning now and will continue to as the weather warms.

I am grateful to have the feeling of shedding a dark, heavy confining cloak and putting on the freedom that comes with getting close again to the heartbeat of nature.

I am grateful for beautiful flowers, fragrance, all the beautiful births that come this time of year to the earth and its creatures.

I am grateful we are now able to take down the foam insulation we put up over half of the windows to save money.

I am grateful today will be in the 50's.  (Just have to share my new Montana resident joke I made up:  You know you've adapted to Montana weather when you're happy it's above freezing!  Funny and true!)

I am grateful to know I made it through another dark winter.

I am grateful for the many new blogs I've subscribed to because you gracious folks expand my teeny tiny world into limitless space.  The things you share, photos you post, wow, there are not enough words to tell you your impact.  I hope thank you will suffice for now.

I know fully well we can have snow here even in the summer, odd as it sounds.  I recall my first year living here and the snow was flying in the middle of May - so much so I commented to Richard I felt like we were in a snow globe.  It was really surreal.

I am grateful for you, dear reader.  Thank you!  I am wishing the best to you today and always to each and every soul who reads this.  Namaste.

You'll probably see me using Namaste more often.  Here is the beautiful blog/blogger who opened my eyes to a word rich in intention, connection, compassion and heart:  I'm pleased to introduce Riversurfer formerly known as Rockdweller (you'll have to go to the blog to see what I mean.)  :)

Blessings, Love & Peace,
RH

6 comments:

Riversurfer said...

It really is wonderful to see Spring arriving, soon to be here. and it's marvellous to read your list of gratefulness, it inspires my own gratefulness :)

I am so honored that you wanted to link to my blog, thank you so much and I wish you all the best too!

Namaste

Riversurfer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ResilientHeart said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. :) How fun!

I'm glad the post inspired your gratitude - it's an odd thing I learned in the very darkest places. Gratitude is a different kind of energy, some days it was hard to find one thing to be grateful for.

I made it a practice for a while to post one thing I was grateful for on Twitter. :)

:) Best to you today & always. Namaste. :)

Blessings, Love & Peace,
RH

Doehrman Chamberlain said...

Thank you for sharing your own personal experience about living with a brain injury and the attitude of gratitude you are striving to maintain. While you acknowledge that you can be more susceptible to depression after your injury, it is wonderful that you are also able to find so many things to be optimistic about. We hope that your observations and positive spirit can not only inspire other TBI survivors, but also help the family members of victims who may still be struggling to understand living with these injuries.

ResilientHeart said...

Thanks so much for your comment and kind words, they mean a lot.

It is my hope to help others as I've been helped. I certainly didn't receive everything I needed along the way (who with TBI does?!)

I am more than happy to share what I've learned along the way and give to others the same strength and encouragement I was given.

Paying it forward makes this a far less painful journey.

Thank you kindly for stopping by and for the work you do on behalf of TBI.

Best to you today & always.

Blessings, Love & Peace,
RH

ResilientHeart said...

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I'm grateful for yard & rummage sales starting!

Being in a small town that's when we catch up with everyone, it's quite a social event, it's kind of sweet and cute. :)