Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blogland Tag!

I've been tagged on http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/finally-i-get-to-answer-the-important-questions/

1.  Describe yourself in 7 words

I really can't stand the color pink (there, I said it, one woman's admission!)

2.  What keeps you up at night?

My 10-year-old annoying 'friend', insomnia!  I never even invited him/her to be a part of my life, but there he/she is freeloading off me for the last TEN years!  I've kicked insomnia out many more times than even I can count, and, it comes right back. 

For some reason my circadian rhythms have changed post-TBI and my brain has ideas all its own about the inconvenient hours it wished to keep.  Why I am awake more at night than during any day is beyond me!

3.  Who would you like to be?

Me - all the other jobs are taken, LOL!

4.  What are you wearing right now?

Black Adidas pants with red stripes and red t-shirt, bare feet. 

5.  What scares you?

My own !@#$ inconsistent, unreliable, unpredictable brain!

Short-term, ongoing fear:  I know what people are capable of doing firsthand, so people = fear. 

Long-term ongoing fear:  one day being institutionalized because of Alzheimer's (genetic) and 3 TBIs I didn't cause. 

6.  What is the best and worst about blogging?

Best:  Finding my voice, becoming stronger, sharing my story, paying-it-forward for the help I DID receive and educating about the help I DID NOT.  Encouraging people to press on, and, hopefully there's a laugh or two along the way as well.

Worst:  It's kind of like being on stage where you can't see the audience and what you're doing is rummaging through you're underwear drawer!  I  will probably never see or know the people 'out there.'  Whether anyone sees this as an act of courage or craziness, that's up to them!  :)

7.  The last website I visited?

http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/finally-i-get-to-answer-the-important-questions/  :)

8.  What is one thing I would change about myself?

I'd have to say that I'd stop being so hard on myself.  I would never, NEVER, never talk to anyone the way I do myself at times, especially when I've made mistakes or my favorite: removing any doubt that I AM the village idiot.  (Oh look, there it is again!  More unconditional friendliness to myself...)

Obviously I'd love to undo the last ten years and the 3 TBIs.....

9.  Slankets/Snuggie:  yes or no?  No.  Love me an electric lap blankie!

10.  Tell us something about the person who tagged you:

I'd love to!  Bird is a character!  I love her razor sharp wit and the clarity with which she writes!  You MUST check out her blog because I said so.  :) 

http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/

This is one of my top favorites:  http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/haterade/

She loves her kids (two- and four- legged) and we can relate well to each other as we both have this insane thing called TBI.  She is a rare sort of person (TBI or not), who has multiple layers to draw from, she can be hilariously witty, piercingly honest (in a good way), and spiritually insightful.  She is one mufti-faceted gifted writer!  

The last part of this fun game is to tag other blogs I follow and a little bit about each and why:
At this point I follow A LOT of blogs on both WordPress and Blogger.  I share these with you below as they're not listed in my faves here, but wanted to mention them to you. 

I am blessed beyond all measure to be witness to their beautiful lives.  Their journeys of courage, faith, strength, endurance, humor, and light make my world so much richer than before I came across their blogs.  Their healing work, their journeys, they inspire me to do the same.  It's really a beautiful place to be.  Thank you & Namaste.  :)


http://buckwheatsrisk.wordpress.com/

This is a very beautiful, courageous woman writing about surviving abuse, feeling its effects, and, the process of healing.  She is candid, honest, strong, and inspiring.  I always consider it a sacred thing when someone else shares their life story and pain. 

http://abumptothehead.wordpress.com/

This is the blog of Sharon who lives in New Zealand (yes, I AM jealous of that!)  She is bright, clever, funny, insightful, courageous and strong (yes, I guess this is a theme in most blogs I follow!)

http://lifeaisle.wordpress.com/

This is Troy's blog and he is sharing his experience, strength, and hope with the world!  It's a very cool exploration and journey through recovery.  He is one of those rare insightful souls. 

http://step-on-a-crack.com/

This is Jen's blog, yet another beautiful journey through life's valleys and peaks.  What strikes me about Jen is her openness, ability to forgive, her sense of peace, and there are times her writing hits me square between the eyes!

2 comments:

Riversurfer said...

This was a very interesting read, a lot of fun facts and it's good know get to know you a little bit better :)

I too was never too keen on the pink colour, but for some straaange reason this is changing and it seems the older I get the more I like pink. I'm even carrying a wee pink Hello Kitty bottle in which I carry water or energy drink hahaa

So happy to read that you wouldn't want to be anyone else but you! I find you to be such a beautiful person, I'm glad you are YOU :)

Take care!

ResilientHeart said...

Thanks Riversurfer!

I'm glad it was fun for you too. I tend to be so serious and have to focus so hard on everything that letting loose with a little silliness was nice!

I love that you didn't like the color pink and it's now finding ways into your life...including the very cute Hello Kitty. :)

Thanks so much for your compliment, we're all works in progress, but it's nice to spark someone else's heart in a positive way.

Thanks for being here! Best to you today & always. :)

Blessings, Love & Peace,
RH