Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dr. Oz Would Be Proud!

Those were the words I said to my doctor today as she went over the results from last week's blood work, I was shocked, but in a good way.  My HDL, LDL, and Triglyceride numbers are all in Dr. Oz's 'optimal' range.  I am thrilled because Heart Disease is part of my adoptive family legacy.  So, my dear friends, the great news is that hard work does pay off...

My doctor said these were some of the best numbers she's seen in a long time, and, she added that I wasn't taking cholesterol medication, to which I confirmed, grinned, and said, "I juice." 

She said she learned about juicing by watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" online and recommends it to her patients.  She believes so many of our illnesses these days are due to dietary habits and lack of micro nutrients.  What a huge confirmation that was to hear, yeah!  My doc and I are on the same page when it comes to diet.

If you haven't seen it, you can watch it free here or visit the website here.  As you know, I do not monetize my blog or receive any sort of compensation for anything I share here, my motive is simply continue to share the help and support I did (and did not) receive.  :)

I wish I could e-share the incredible joy I had hearing these results and still feel right now.  [Okay, I have tears in my eyes!]  There have been countless times I've walked out of doctor's offices either crying or on the verge of crying because I was doing everything I possibly could and the news was still consistently bad.

It really did my heart good (terrible pun intended!) to know I was still able to be an overachiever, especially after the blood draw was more like a slow, blood drip!  :)

If this encourages one person to start, even make a small change, oh my gosh!  How cool is that? 
Without health, we have nothing.  I was 16-years-old when I lost my Mom to Heart Disease, how piercingly painful we had been at Disneyland "The happiest place on earth" that Fourth of July so many years ago.  My elderly Dad has had his own heart issues.

We can break the cycle by what we choose to do each and every day.  I'm not saying it's easy, but I am saying it's necessary.  I may not be able to undo head injuries, but I guess in one small way, I am still fighting for my life...to do my utmost to make it a good life.

Now it's your turn!  :) 

No comments: