Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring

I was born in the spring and seem to be re-born each and every spring…especially since TBI.  The depression and sensitivity to darker weather, isolation, inactivity, quietness all seem to leave me wanting to do absolutely nothing and not caring about much.  As if in my own cocoon or hibernation, I see winter as something to be endured rather than enjoyed.

This is what the First Day of Spring looks like on my calendar.  :)  

ImageThis spring, the Robins and Pine Siskins have returned, we’ve had an addition of the Redpoles and Red-Winged Blackbirds, to our year-round friends, the Red-Breasted and White-Breasted Nuthatches, Black-capped and Mountain Chickadees, Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers

Pre-TBI I enjoyed birds, but post-TBI, being more of a shut-in, I look for them and welcome them back as happy, feathered friends. 

Their songs, at times, are loud!  The bird bath has thawed, it was cleaned and refilled yesterday and the flying circus has begun! 

ImageI have also seen our first butterfly of the season and my crocuses are out!  The first two years out here my crocuses would bloom, we’d get snow and they’d be flat as pancakes, so much for the joy of spring lasting.  :)  

From a dark and dormant season, there is rebirth.  Amazing how the earth has its seasons that do not need mankind’s assistance!  :)  


Death has been a topic on my mind lately, with my kitty, Tux, and my 90-year-old Dad.  I think of what Will Smith said, that there is life, there is death, and there is always rebirth… 

No comments: