Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 6 with Dad at Hospice

Day 6 with Dad (Monday, April 22, 2013)

Continuing to witness Dad’s health’s decline, the watching and waiting, the hyper vigilance is exhausting, but time is a gift, even now.  My brain is beginning its own slow decline.  I’m meshing words together, my brain is tired, but I have to keep it together a little longer.

I spoke with the Social Worker; she came in, sat down, gave me some handouts to read and let me ask her some questions.  This was the first time a Social Worker was younger than me.  I asked how she learned all she had at such a young age.  She said she had some great mentors and she loves her work.  Wow.

She was very sweet, low-key, gracious, empathetic and helpful.  She said they have some wonderful volunteers and if I think Dad would benefit from music therapy, let her know and someone would come in, there’s no charge.  She said the same about massage therapy too.  So, I signed Dad up for both.

No comments: